Hello everyone, today we’re going to be discussing the changes to our old policy for the upcoming months in response to the current COVID-19 situation. We want to provide you with the same punctual, professional service we pride ourselves on, and as such we’ve made a couple changes to ensure everything still runs smoothly during these times. Below is a comparison of our old policy and the changes we’ve made for our new policy.
Our normal policy:
Typically we require a 30% non-refundable deposit, allocated to the specific date of your event. This is to ensure that our inventory is completely available and flexible to fit your ideal selection. If the date is changed, pricing may increase based on the time of year and volume of traffic we’re receiving. If the event is cancelled, there is no refund on this deposit, bar special circumstances.
Our COVID Initiatives:
During these times, any deposits made for events that are forced to move due to COVID-19 restrictions will be honored, and pricing increases will not be issued for any of these events moving into 2021. Any deposits being made currently for events in 2020 that are forced to move in the future will have this same flexibility.
If your event is cancelled during this time due to COVID-19 and timeline impediments, we are willing to allocate your deposit to any other order or event within one year from your original events date. To make it clear, our clients are not losing their deposits, and we’re doing everything we can to ensure your event will run smoothly at a later date if necessary.
Chair Decors COVID-19 Response Measures
With the current situation regarding the global pandemic of COVID-19, we want our customers as well as employees to remain safe and happy; as such, we set out to create a list of Covid-19 Safety Protocols and initiatives to keep our staff safe. Although our doors remained closed to the public, we are here working away to keep our team busy and help our clients with any linen needs.
To begin, we’d like to highlight our Internal Safety Protocols
- Cloth Face Masks are to be worn at all times when social distancing cannot be maintained
- Hands must be washed immediately upon arrival, and cellphones wiped & sanitize
- New gloves to be warn when handling returned items or un-sanitized materials
- Only one employee may be in the lunch/break room at a time
- Lysol wipes will be used to clean workstations, handles, and lightswitches immediately following lunch, breaks, and at the end of the day
- Our warehouse bay doors will be open as often as possible, and fans will be used to improve air flow within the office
- Workplaces, computers, and telephones are not to be shared*
- A distance of two meters are to be retained between all staff members whenever physically possible
For those interested in our Delivery Service, we’ve also made new plans for protecting our clients
- Cloth Face Masks are to be worn onsite at all times
- Upon arrival and completion of delivery at a Customer location, our drivers MUST sanitize their hands before leaving and entering the vehicle. New protective gloves will be used by drivers at each delivery location.
- Only 1 employee will be allowed in our delivery vehicle at any given time
- Our delivery vehicle will be continuously sanitized throughout the day
- Technology used by delivery drivers will not be shared during these times (GPS, Cellphone, etc.)
- All linens are freshly pressed and cleaned, as per usual, prior to leaving our warehouse
- Goods MUST be dropped off at the designated location; for now, our drivers will not be passing through segways
*Saturday pick-ups will now be offered to ensure linens are not left on-site for long periods of time. We’re hoping to reduce any form of cross contamination as much as possible!
If you feel uncomfortable with any one of our team entering your premise, please let us know. We will do our best to arrange a custom delivery protocol and schedule to ensure the safety of both our teams.
What we’re asking of our Customers
- To ensure we have a designated clean, safe area for deliveries
- To ensure minimal employees are on site during our arranged delivery time
- To offer mutual respect of social distancing guidelines
- To place used linens in a bag immediately following the event
- To individually bag any wet or chocolate fountain linens
*Any event larger than 20 people is taking place upon arrival, the linens will be left at a designated area on a rolling rack*
If you have any further questions about the following guidelines please let us know, we want to make sure everyone feels happy and comfortable with the new changes. We take pride in our ability to deliver the best customer experience from sales to delivery. These improved cleaning processes are not that new to our team but may be new to you! We look forward to hearing your feedback and working with you soon!
With summer on the horizon we find ourselves still living in a unique and precarious situation; events that may have been planned for years now are having to make some severe adaptations to still work comfortably in this day and age of social distancing. During these times, we at Chair Decor have been put in a position where we have the opportunity to help the betterment of society with our tips and tricks on social distancing events. These times may make events more difficult to run, but these are also the times when positive contributions to life are all the more necessary, and what’s more positive than a celebration? While social distancing means we must be more cautious, we can’t let it deter us from celebrating the important milestones in our lives altogether. Birthday are a great example; while going out to eat with a group of friend’s may no longer be possible, sharing the moment with them still is, through the many video platforms offered online (Zoom, Skype, etc!).
You probably have a lot of worries about online celebrations; “it’s just not the same”, or “it doesn’t feel like a REAL celebration”. Then make it one! A large part of any event’s atmosphere is the decorations. If you’re hosting a birthday party in an all-white room, you might not be giving off the ambience you’re looking for. Have some balloons and streamers in the background; put a decorative linen on the table you’re using. Bake a cake, and eat it in the company of your event guests! The more work you put into it, the more unique and special this event will feel for you. Have an instagram fashion shoot; pose in front of the balloons genuinely and satirically, make some fun of the situation! The most important part to remember about this is that it’s an out of the ordinary event to have fun with, not an endeavour!
Other great, innovative ideas during this time include baby gender reveals! Send your friends cupcakes (ensuring proper sanitation during the entire process, of course) with a blue or pink filling, and have them all take a bite at the same time while on video call. Decorate your door with pink and blue balloons for the neighbors to see, and only leave the balloons of the babies gender to signal them. Invite your family to an outdoor reveal, making sure to keep your distance. The possibilities are endless, with the right mindset!
The main message, we at Chair Decor are trying to send, is that we fully support you during this event planning process, and hope to help offer you the many alternatives to spice up any event’s, like Birthdays, without leaving the house. It will give you a unique and special birthday memory to look back on; A memory of adapting to the strange times around you, accentuating the positives, and showing a level of perseverance rarely seen in most.
There are a ton of other beautiful concepts that can be found online through Pinterest or Youtube with how others are making the best of the situation. We don’t need to stop being social during this distancing phase, we just need to be smart about how we celebrate, and to do so more than ever before!!! We truly hope this has helped in your quest to begin your event planning or adaptations.